We’re hiring a Market Gardener
Five Acre Farm is part of Tobacco Factory in Bedminster. We’re a local, ethical food shop selling seasonal produce from our own farm in Backwell, alongside food, drink, groceries, toiletries, plants & gardening supplies, homewares and gifts from great local and independent producers. Our Farm Kitchen cooks up delicious cakes, pastries and lunches, which are sold from our deli counter with takeaway coffee. We also sell fruit and veg boxes online, for local delivery or collection.
The Tobacco Factory family also includes: Tobacco Factory Cafe Bar, Sunday Market, Mark’s Bread and Grain Barge.
We’re hiring a full-time market gardener, 5 days per week including 1 weekend each month.
We are looking for someone to join our busy little team growing vegetables, flowers, mushrooms, house & garden plants plus honey from our bees and eggs from our chickens. We have various selling outlets – two bar kitchens, our Farm Shop and Sunday Market at Tobacco Factory in Bristol, as well as various other independent businesses.
What you’ll be doing…
- Working closely with the farm manager to manage day to day jobs for the staff and volunteers.
- Help plan the vegetable production for each season in conjunction with the farm manager, executive head chef and farm shop manager.
- Sow, grow, pick and pack all the produce as well as some weeding.
- Liaising with the kitchens, the shop and other businesses to manage stock flow.-Delivery of produce to the various sites
Must be able to drive, be 25 or over for van insurance purposes and have two years market garden experience.
• Team benefit scheme across all of our venues
• Ethically and environmentally aware employer – We are part of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, a community of businesses working towards an environmentally restorative and socially progressive UK hospitality sector.
• Access to Hospitality Action’s Employee Assistance Programme for free, confidential help and advice when you are facing problems, difficulties or challenges relating to your home or working life.
• Regular performance appraisals
• A supportive, friendly team
We’re committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
To apply, please send a covering letter and cv to firstname.lastname@example.org