From the start of May the team at Five Acre Farm in Backwell are inviting any keen or aspiring gardeners to come and help out at our busy and productive market garden on Fridays.
It’s a great a way to learn more about sustainable veg-growing, meet new people, keep fit and contribute to local food networks in Bristol and North Somerset.
Together we will grow a wide variety of vegetables using regenerative methods which build healthy soils and ecosystems.
How it works…
- 9am – 1pm every Friday
- A new job to tackle and learn about each week, such as;
- Planting leeks, squash, brassicas
- Side-shooting & winding tomatoes
- No-dig bed prep
- Hoeing – and more!
- All sessions are ran by a member of the farm team, so you are always in safe hands
- Coffee break at about 10.30 provided by the farm of hot drinks and biscuits
We hope to see you down there! If you have any further questions then please contact head grower Jon.