Blood orange pancake recipe from Imogen
Instead of the classic lemon and sugar combo why not try something different this year… Imogen’s easy recipe uses delicious blood oranges, available in the shop now.
For the topping:
- 4 blood oranges
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
For the pancakes:
- 300g of self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 300ml of any milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Oil or butter for the pan
- Start by segmenting the oranges. Take a sharp or serrated knife and remove the peel and any pith left behind. Cut up the orange flesh into little chunks and add to a bowl.
- Add the two tablespoons of sugar and any juice from the oranges to the bowl, leave to sit while you make the pancakes.
- Mix all the pancake ingredients (minus the oil) in a bowl using a whisk until you have a smooth batter.
- Put your pan on a medium heat and add the oil or butter.
- Pour in the batter to the desired pancake size then leave to cook until lots of little bubble appear.
- Flip over and continue to cook for a further 1 minute.
- Place the cooked pancakes on a tray in a warm oven to stay hot. Repeat until you have used all the batter.
- Stack your pancakes high, pour over the tangy blood oranges and enjoy!!
We have lovely eggs from New Macdonalds Farm in Bath, as well as all the other ingredients you need for a flippin’ fab pancake day, in the shop now!
Five Acre Farm to your door!
You can also shop online for collection or local delivery, and add your pancake ingredients on to one of our fruit & veg boxes.