We’re hiring: Assistant Grower at Five Acre Farm
This opportunity is now closed, thanks for your applications!
We are looking for a dedicated veg grower with a minimum of one season’s commercial veg growing experience to join the small team at our regenerative farm in Backwell, just outside Bristol.
This could be an ideal opportunity for someone who has developed some core growing skills and experience and is looking to gradually take on more responsibility while still working under a Head Grower. The role will focus on veg growing and will include all aspects of market gardening work, and will also involve some mushroom cultivation, flower-growing and tending to hens, as well as the opportunity to work with bees if interested. There is no onsite accommodation available, however the farm has good public transport links, with regular trains and buses to Bristol.
Job: Assistant Grower at Five Acre Farm, Backwell, North Somerset BS48 3BQ
Dates: Permanent position starting early April 2023
Wage: £10.50/hour PAYE plus statutory holiday day and employer pension contributions
Hours: Apr-Oct: 5 days/week (40-45 hours), Nov-March: 4 days/week (32-36 hours) (4 days/week year-round also possible). Occasional weekend cover (approx. 1 full weekend every 2 months).
Application deadline: 14th December 2022.
Please send a cover letter and CV (or any queries) to Jon – email@example.com. Interviews to take place early January 2023.
Download the full job specification here
Five Acre Farm Shop is part of the Tobacco Factory family which also includes Tobacco Factory Cafe Bar, Sunday Market, Mark’s Bread and Grain Barge.
- Team benefit scheme across all of our venues
- Ethically and environmentally aware employer – We are part of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, a community of businesses working towards an environmentally restorative and socially progressive UK hospitality sector.
- Access to Hospitality Action’s Employee Assistance Programme for free, confidential help and advice when you are facing problems, difficulties or challenges relating to your home or working life.
- Regular performance appraisals
- A supportive, friendly team
We’re committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.