We’re hiring: Head of Production and Development – Five Acre Farm Kitchen
Five Acre Farm Kitchen is looking for a head chef/production manager to lead and inspire our production kitchen team at Five Acre Farm Shop in Bristol.
This is an opportunity for a creative individual to further develop our range of home-made goods and head up our busy production kitchen. We work with beautiful seasonal produce from our own farm as well as other local suppliers. If you love the idea of working with seasonal produce, can think on your feet when we have a bountiful harvest and have a creative flair, then this is the job for you!
Five acre Farm Kitchen currently makes products to serve on our menus as well as goods for our retail outlets such as jams, chutneys, cakes, pastries and savouries as well as sandwiches, salads and deli pots. We also cater for events and run a lunch time menu. We are looking for someone who can helps us improve and expand our range and support the rest of the team.
The ideal candidate should have previous experience leading and managing a kitchen team, alongside previous experience producing goods for sale
This is a full-time position and will involve working at weekends with very occasional evening work. No split shifts and no late nights!
The job will encompass all elements of managing a kitchen-managing people, creating rotas, ordering stock, managing budgets, maintaining hygiene standards and paperwork.
Salary dependent on experience.
Five Acre Farm Shop is part of the Tobacco Factory family which also includes Tobacco Factory Cafe Bar, Sunday Market, Mark’s Bread and Grain Barge.
We offer you:
- Expanding company with opportunity for advancement and progression
- Training and cross training in other areas in our restaurants and farm (training is tailored to the individual)
- Working with fresh food and produce from our farm
- Free meals on duty
- Fantastic working conditions, friendly and fun working environment, with a supportive team
- Team benefit scheme across all of our venues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ethically and environmentally aware employer – We are part of the Sustainable Restaurant Association, a community of businesses working towards an environmentally restorative and socially progressive UK hospitality sector.
- Access to Hospitality Action’s Employee Assistance Programme for free, confidential help and advice when you are facing problems, difficulties or challenges relating to your home or working life.
We’re committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Please send your cv and cover letter to email@example.com